About Me

My photo
Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
I'm opinionated with strong convictions and fight for what I believe. A good listener and care deeply for my friends. To people who I'm not close to, I may somewhat detached. I'm truly humane and known to be frank and outspoken. Generally, I do not prejudice with others view and quite tolerant of others' point of view. I love adventurous activities.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Siemens Run 2009



Colin and Me after the run.




Woke up early in the morning to get myself ready for my second run of the month + year. It's the 10km Siemens Run at Dataran Merdeka. Was looking forward to it and yet, worried that I might not be able to finish the run..Since I'm not trained for it.

Foo's the one that encourage Colin and myself to run for this Siemens run. However, he couldn't make it due to his pre-scheduled induction. Hence, this time around, only Colin and myself went for the run.

Started off at 7.30am in the morning. The weather was good. Not hot and a bit breezy. It was hazy though. Throughout the run, I notice a lots of ppl kept closing their face/mouth with their hand towels.

Anyway, this run is quite special to me. I met this Mr.Chan who's my motivator to finish the run at a slow pace throughout the 10km. I feel grateful to him. Or else, I don't think I can actually make it a point to persistently slow jog and finish it. I manage to end the run in 70minutes approximately. I'm happy with my own achievement.

Next, I'll be looking forward for the next run which is the Shape Run 2009 at Putrajaya. It's a night run. This time, it's gonna be a 11.5km run. Hopefully I can do well again and be as persistent as I was today. As what Mr.Chan said to me, to run in a marathon, you don't have to be fast. It's the persistency and endurance that you'll need to cope up with. These are the words used by Mr.Chan to make me realise that, is all about persistency and endurane in a marathon and I just need to enjoy myself in a run and make sure I do not have any injuries.

No comments: